NepTunes 1.3 Changelog
Next NepTunes is here!
- New icon :)
- Share menu:
- It’s available as a submenu in the menubar and as a new button on cover.
- You can tweet or share on Facebook track (with #ArtistName and link to Apple Music/iTunes). It uses accounts from OS X.
- Copy iTunes link/track info
- Search for lyrics on Google – long history why it isn’t any dedicated service. In short: reliability.
- I was thinking about adding new pane for Social services where you can choose to automatically post to Facebook or/and Tweet a loved track. Unfortunately due to bug in OS X El Capitan I can’t make it happen (in a easy way) – OS would ask you about permission to give NepTunes access to your Twitter account (to tweet automatically) but nothing will happen, because no matter what you choose OS will not give this access. Also, Facebook policy doesn’t allow any app to automatically post on Facebook (I know, a lot of people does it against the rules).
- New shortcuts:
- Change rating of the track in iTunes.
- Change volume of iTunes + fast mute.
- Hud notification (to confirm) for actions:
- For all shortcuts.
- For copied Apple Music/iTunes link.
- For copied track info.
- Double click on cover will bring iTunes to front. You can turn it off/on in Cover preferences. It’s not my idea but I love it!:)
- Spotify support.
- Notification Center widget.
But don’t expect it soon, though. It’s time to slow down with OS X development and focus on iOS version ?